Also known as FBLA, Future Business Leaders of America, is a student organization dedicated to allowing students to experience different aspects of the business world. Additionally it provides them a ticket to a world of opportunity for travel, networking, and building soft skills. North Caroline High School’s chapter has 29 members and is advised by Ms. Mahoney.
On Wednesday, January 15, 2020 students competed at the FBLA Regional Leadership Conference (RLC) in Sykesville, MD for the chance to attend and compete again at the FBLA State Leadership Conference from March 12-14, 2020 in Baltimore, MD. Our student members worked hard to prepare for the competition and their hard work has payed off. The following students placed at regionals and many of them will continue on to states in Baltimore (marked with *):
- Olivia Keating, Justin Tasker, Anna Price – Broadcast Journalism – 1st*
- Joey Veil, Mason McFayden, Owen Rorabaugh – Emerging Business Issues – 1st*
- Casey Kercheval, Chris Clarke, Alex Walstrum – Entrepreneurship – 7th
- Lisseth Ixlaj-Fuentes, Kaly Batista – Public Service Announcement – 2nd*
- Gigi Leynes, Ashley Filipe-Lopez – Publication Design – 1st*
- Gunner McFayden, Makayla Scharf, Alexis Millard – Social Media Campaign-3rd*